Aug 7, 2013

Missing Melbourne

Saw the email from Emirates today and tickets to Melbourne is selling from RM1.7k. Had an urge to book a return ticket and hide myself there for a month.

I miss winter in Melbourne, so much. The nights I used to hide in my cosy apartment with a bag of chips, TVB series, the small heater fan, flannel socks... Life was so good back then except I was always homesick.

I miss walking to uni every morning, taking deep breathes of the fresh cold air, seeing how the colour of the maple tree changed from green to red till all the leaves dropped signaling autumn was coming to an end.

I miss doing groceries alone at Safeway (now known as Woolworths), going down the aisles one by one, taking my own sweet time to do my groceries. How I miss the bacon flavoured chips which only appears on the shelves once a year and going at a sale of AUD$2 per bag.

I miss listening to the sound of the tram running on the tracks, especially the older trams. I miss sitting on the tram when the cold wind rushes in whenever the doors spring open. I miss taking the train down to Boxhill to visit Aunty Jane and listen to her talk bout her stories.

I miss eating Fredo's durian and roche ice cream especially during winter. I miss the salmon onigiri sold in Union House. I miss the chicken giblets from Joomak when Win introduced to me when I went to Melbourne this year.

I miss all the alone time, so much. If given another chance, I will definitely appreciate it better.

Melbourne, when will I be back again?

Taken on Swanston St during my visit in January 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment