Sep 30, 2012

Wei's Penang Reception

And in a blink of eye, the Penang reception has also come to an end, but that doesn't bring a full stop to my busy 3 weeks... Its the peak period of the month...

Was much more busier for this reception as I had to communicate with the supervisor on the serving of the dishes and at the same time do the time keeping and be the emcee. This was a great experience for me although it was definitely a tiring one. My heels were already blistered before dinner even started, a reminder to always have plasters in my wallet.

Thankfully, everything went on rather smoothly this time. A small glitch when the stairs leading up the stage crashed down the platform though and SL's dress got stuck between the pins when a piece of wood got teared... Definitely sent chills down our spine for the next few times we went up and down the stage.

Again, granny teared... And when Wei thanked Amma on stage, I started crying... on the stage... Couldn't hold it any longer... Throughout the dinner, Amma only manage to take the crabmeat soup and dessert. And, the most disgusting thing was you see those people who normally do not care acting away as if how filial they are towards Amma. Worst part, I had to keep the smile on my face. 皮笑肉不笑. I pray hard, very very hard, that my future partner will be a filial one towards his and my parents... I seriously do not understand how would one change so much over the years, from a very filial son to the most infilial son I've come across...

Ended the night by counting the red packets received to pay the bill and it was the second night in so many months which I manage to doze off immediately once I hit the pillow and only woke up after sunrise. I guess my life is meant to be tiring or else I won't be able to sleep peacefully...

The happy family at the end of the reception at Vistana Hotel (29th Sep 2012).

No comments:

Post a Comment